These terms and conditions (‘Terms’) cover the use of our services and apply to all users (‘you’) of the website (https://www.sapphireclinics.com) and of our services.
Please read these Terms carefully before using our services. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should cancel any appointment and exit this website.
- Who we are and how to contact usWho we are. We are Sapphire Medical Clinics Limited (‘Sapphire Medical’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’), registered in England under company number 11927140. The Sapphire Clinics act as franchisees of us and the Sapphire Clinic clinicians are engaged by the Sapphire Clinics.How to contact us. To contact us please email email@example.com or telephone our team on 020 7467 8345.
How we contact you. We may contact you by email to the email address provided in your Patients Know Best (’PKB’) account, by written communication to the postal address provided in your PKB account or by a general notice on the website.
- Services and ChargesOur services.Following referrals from GPs and Consultants (‘Referrers’), we transfer patients to the appropriate Sapphire Clinic where they are offered appointments with expert clinicians (Sapphire Clinic clinicians). Following their appointments, patients who suffer from conditions which may not be treated effectively with conventional medicinal treatments may be prescribed cannabis-based medicinal products (CBMPs) where it is believed that they could reasonably derive clinical benefit through their use of the prescribed products.
Our services comprise the organisation of appointments at Sapphire Clinics only which may or may not lead to a prescription of a CBMP. We do not, and Sapphire Clinics do not purchase, stock nor sell CBMPs.
Our clinical services are provided using qualified GMC registered medical professionals based in the UK and each engaged by a Sapphire Clinic franchisee.
We only offer services to patients from the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our services in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not accept requests for appointments from addresses outside the UK.
- If you are a ReferrerReferrals.You agree that only GPs or Consultants based in the UK can refer their patients to us for an appointment at a Sapphire Clinic.
You understand that falsifying referrals constitutes a criminal offence, which could lead to criminal prosecution.
You can refer your patients by phone, email or via our website. Appointments are subject to availability and remain at our entire discretion, subject to the Terms and Conditions agreed by the patient upon booking of the appointment.
We reserve the right to request you or your patient additional information regarding an incomplete referral.
Terms of treatment and prescriptions. You understand that there is no guarantee that the Sapphire Clinic clinician will provide your patient with a prescription for CBMPs following their appointment. You agree that your Sapphire Clinic clinician might, if they consider it clinically appropriate, attempt conventional medical treatment before prescribing your patient CBMPs.
You understand that prescriptions will only be issued where clinically appropriate, lawful and after an appointment has occurred, subject to your patient’s signature of the Terms of Treatment which will be provided to your patient during their appointment if they are prescribed CBMPs.
- Changes to the services and to these TermsChanges to the services.We reserve the right to change our services to reflect any changes in applicable legislation or for any other business reason. We will always make these changes available to you on our website.Changes to the terms. We may amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our services, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the Terms that apply at that time. If we make any material changes to these Terms, we will use reasonable efforts to give you notice prior to the change becoming effective. Any change will be effective immediately when the revised Terms are posted on our website. You should stop using our website and our services if you do not agree to any changes.
These Terms were most recently updated in October 2019. We recommend that you print and keep a copy of these Terms.
- Intellectual PropertyWe are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- DisclaimersContent Disclaimers.Our site is made available free of charge.We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
The information disclosed by us on our website is indicative only. The information available on our website should not be relied upon as a substitute for seeking appropriate individual medical advice or services.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content is accurate, complete or up to date. We accept no responsibility for any consequences relating directly or indirectly to any action or inaction you take based upon such information.
Applicable laws. You are aware that the laws in relation to CBMPs vary internationally and you understand that it may be illegal for your patient to take CBMPs outside of the UK. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You are aware that it is illegal to distribute, share or sell any of CBMPs to any other party.
Accuracy of the websites we link to. Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for viruses. We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Your right to link to our website. You may link to our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- ComplaintsIf you have any complaints about our services, you can submit a complaint via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other important termsWe are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us.If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking the Terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both you and we knew it might happen.We only supply services for personal use. We will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Events outside of our control. We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the services is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay, you may contact us to cancel the appointment and receive a refund for any services you have paid for but not received.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Transfer of these terms. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the Terms. These Terms are between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
If a court finds part of these Terms are void, unenforceable or illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Governing law. These Terms are governed by English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction in respect of any disputes arising under these Terms.