We pride ourselves on patient-centred care. Based on your individual needs and current treatment plan, we are here to help you access the developing field of medicinal cannabis, when appropriate.
How to be referred
Our multi-disciplinary team of clinicians will see patients based on their specialty and major condition expertise. They are internationally renowned experts in their field that will evaluate patients with the following diagnoses. Find out more about our core team, based in Harley Street here.
Medicinal cannabis can be used as part of a treatment plan for a wide range of conditions, you can find out more about these here.
At Sapphire, we operate on a clinician referral program. This means that your GP or consultant needs to refer you to Sapphire. If you are having difficulty getting a referral, please contact us here.
- Get a referral from your GP or consultant. You can download this one-page information pack if you want to discuss Sapphire Medical Clinics with your GP or consultant. It explains our clinic process and how they can refer you quickly and simply through our online referral service here.*
- We will contact you through our support team to arrange an initial appointment time that suits you.
- We create a Patients Know Best account on your behalf. You will be sent a form to complete, if you are unable to complete this, we are able to assist you in clinic.
- At your initial appointment, the relevant specialist will review your medical history and care plans to understand the next stage in treatment and whether medicinal cannabis would benefit you.
* Should your GP or consultant wish to seek further reassurance, we’d be happy to discuss these via email and phone on our Contact Us page.
Find A Clinic
You can find our flagship clinic at 10 Harley Street, London, W1G 9PF.
Our closest tube stations are Bond Street and Oxford. Both are within walking distance.
Bond Street: Central and Jubilee Line
Oxford Circus: Victoria, Bakerloo and Central Line
Bus numbers 18, 27 and 30 stop on Marylebone Road next to Harley Street. Also, buses numbered : 6, 8, 13, 15, 73, 135, 139, 189 & 390 stop next to John Lewis on Oxford Street, a 7 minute walk from our clinic.
Short stay parking meters operate in the surrounding streets. Long stay car parking at is also available in Cavendish Square.
The Effects Of Medicinal Cannabis
The cannabis plant contains over 100 cannabinoids and approximately 200 terpenes which have been utilised for their medicinal properties for centuries. Cannabinoids are a diverse group of compounds which act via humans’ own cannabis pathways (the endocannabinoid system). This system is responsible for promoting sleep, appetite, stress reduction and modulation of pain.
The most widely studied cannabinoids are THC and CBD. THC acts directly via the endocanabinoid system and may be effective for nausea and vomiting, pain relief and improving appetite. CBD mainly acts outside this system to produce proposed benefits in seizure management, pain relief and alleviating anxiety. Most medical cannabis preparations contain a combination of both THC and CBD to achieve benefits from both compounds.
Follow up appointments:
Prescription cost will vary based on individual needs and dosage
*Initial appointment with psychiatrist may require a double appointment dependent on medical history
Report a Drug Side Effect
Open to anyone in the UK taking medicinal cannabis, whether you are a patient of Sapphire or not, we value all information on how you find using this innovative treatment.
RECEIVE EMAIL UPDATES
Sign up to hear news from Sapphire including our clinic openings and industry updates relating to access to medical cannabis